Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Early On



Thought I would blog one of the first shoots I was asked to do. It was a christening, which to me was going to be challenging, for a couple of reasons.

1) It was in part an inside shoot, which I was extremely concerned, I had only really shot outside and 2) the godmother of the little boy being Christened is an extremely accomplished photographer and short film maker. To me there was no greater pressure. Yes, I was extremely nervous.

Beach photos were fine, no dramas, as Mum and Dad had their wedding photos at this particular jetty, they had created their own tradition of having family shots done there every year.

Onto the church, more family shots with extended family, then inside for the ceremony itself. A very pretty little church. I was nervous about shooting inside, as I didnt want to set the camera to auto, and have the flash going off left, right and centre. So I found myself with a mixture of shots and I did use the flash on occassions. All the while wondering what others where thinking.

I wasn't unhappy with what I acheived that day, but do look at every session as a learning curve. I think we need take something from every session that we shoot, to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment